The road to depression recovery begins with a single step
It’s the Catch-22 of depression: recovering from depression requires action, but taking action when you’re depressed is hard. In fact, just thinking about the things you should do to feel better, like going for a walk or spending time with friends, can feel overwhelming. That’s why it’s important to start small and slowly build from there.
- Reaching out is not a sign of weakness.
- Look for support from people who make you feel safe and cared for.
- Make face-time a priority.
- Try to keep up with social activities even if you don’t feel like it.
- Find ways to support others.