Over 100 Sex Offenders sue Idaho over constitutional challenges
The constitutional challenge is on the following grounds:
- Due Process: Assessed new restrictions without a trial.
- Equal Protection: Burdens an unpopular group of citizens.
- Religious Freedom: Restricts some offenders from attending church services.
- Cruel and Unusual Punishment: Excessive punishment imposed by community notification.
- Double Jeopardy: New conditions placed on offenders after conviction.
- Contracts: New non negotiated conditions placed after plea agreements.
- Takings: Residential restrictions place property ownership rights and right to domicile.
- Separation of Powers: Change prior judgement without reopening the original trial case.